1. What is the best piece of writing advice you’ve been given?Not so much advice as the support of people I love and respect. Them telling me they believed in me and that I could do this was huge. I never did any kind of creative writing until getting into the fanfic world, so I really needed that push. It's amazing what a well timed "You can do this" from some truly talented authors can do.
2. The first and last books you fell in love with?Oh my goodness. I've been a reader all of my life so this is tough. As a kid, it would have been "The Little Princess". As an adult, the first I fell in love with was "A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irving and I love it to this day. In fact, I think I'm due for a reread. The last was probably "Cursed Be the Wicked" by the lovely J.R. Richardson, but that's not out yet. I was lucky enough to have read it early and holy wow did I love it. I highly recommend both to everyone looking for a book that you totally sink into and have the world around you fall away.
3. What's happening outside the nearest window?
4. There's a rubber stamp mark on your hand. What does it say?
5. Suppose you could travel to any place in time and history. When and where are you going?
Gah. Hard question. Rather than go with the epic, I'm going to go with the personal. I'd go back to around 1986 and get myself into therapy when I was an angry, depressed teenager rather than deal with the fallout now. Obviously, there's a reason that I connected to that picture prompt immediately and so strongly. It really did take my breath away once I saw what the words said. Kudos to Mags for finding such a great image that I honestly want framed and hanging on my wall.