Saturday, November 16, 2013

an announcement … and the week 42 winners

Firstly, I want to say thank you to everyone who has flashed over the course of the last forty-two weeks. I've been continually amazed at the strength of the writing we've had, week by week. There are a lot of talented writers around and it's been a privilege to read your words. I hope #fanficflashfic has provided you with some inspiration and some fun - both as writers and readers. I know more than one of you have continued various flashes into longer stories, and that's just amazing.

Secondly, this will be the end of #fanficflashfic … for a little while. With NaNoWriMo keeping people busy, and the holiday season approaching so quickly, I've decided to take a break for a while. 

Thirdly, assuming there's enough interest, #fanficflashfic will start back up in January. I'll be looking forward to seeing all the words roll in once more.

Cheers, lovely writer-friends. 
Shell x





Thank you to this week's judge, @sandyquill.

@AnnaLund2011 - HONORABLE MENTION:
Using the ocean as a symbol of the foreverness is beautiful. It totally works for me in terms of the quote and the image.

@ladylibre - The ending here surprised me! I was thinking it was so sad - I have had to say goodbye to loved ones and it hurts - and then it really IS painful seeing as how the “Other” in this is marrying elsewhere. What a painful backstory must be here!

@jdifrans - This one is so quiet...but so busy and filled with the questions and uncertainties. I hope they get answered!

@Pinkcookie - FIRST PLACE:
I really enjoyed how you used the prompts and the emotive quality you assigned to each. “Now, I watch as you slowly peel it and silently feed us slices one by one. You’ve done this same little thing for us hundreds of times.” - This is a forever composed of nows. I really like it. :)

@moonlit__girl - HONORABLE MENTION:
This one just made me smile. A lot. I read it over more than once and kept smiling. “Seventeen.” I can see more meetings in the future… but I kind of hope they try something daring and email. :)

@bkhchicka - Wow. I am cringing here, and many kudos to you for going in this headspace. “But decisions alter what forever looks like. “ This is SO true and should have its own quote prompt.




Congratulations, Pinkcookie.

Thank you to @sandyquill for judging, and to everyone who participated.


Pinkcookie - when #fanficflashfic resumes, I'll be in touch.




1 comment:

  1. Hey Shell! I know life is busy for everyone, but I wanted to tell you that I am so happy that I was able to participate in this for those weeks it was available to us! If you decide to do it again, I would be absolutely ecstatic! There is something about the challenge of 200 words... If you need help, I'd be willing to help with it!

    Anyway, regardless of what you decide to do, I've absolutely enjoyed this! And I miss it. :D Thank you for the hard work you put into making this so successful!

    @bkhchica

    ReplyDelete