Friday, September 27, 2013

week 35 winners

Here are @mylisssa's answers to the judgey questions:


1. What is the best piece of writing advice you’ve been given?
Don't write as if someone is looking over your shoulder judging you. 

2. The first and last books you fell in love with?
The first book I remember really getting lost in was Now That Andi's Gone by Karle Dickerson. I think I may have to order a new copy now that I'm thinking about it. The last book I fell in love with was Tully by Paullina Simons.
 
3. What's happening outside the nearest window?
Three birds are in the grass which is still wet from the sprinklers. Otherwise it's stillness and shadows from the trees. 

4. There's a rubber stamp mark on your hand. What does it say?
Just Breathe

5. Suppose you could travel to any place in time and history. When and
where are you going?
I automatically think of things in the past that I'd want to try and prevent, but if I couldn't change a thing, I'd just go to a field in the middle of nowhere in the spring.






I was amazed by all of the unique flashes. They are all so good. Thanks for writing!


@AnnaLund2011 - Oh, no! I know all about those pretty words with nothing to back them up. I love the way you opened and closed this.

@sandyquill - Second Place. I had so many ideas running through my head while reading this. When he started to use his knife, everything started to make sense. You captured these moments in such a way from this guy’s perspective that the whole thing sounds so normal.

@moonlit__girl - Honorable Mention-This is cute. I could feel the frustration throughout and clearly imagine the scene. The reactions were so realistic. By the end, I was smiling. Their adventure really has just begun.

@moonlit__girl - First Place. Beautiful. I loved the tone of this, the seamless flow, and the bell in her hand that she doesn’t ring.

@smalltownchicka - Third Place. These two have so much ahead of them. It hurt my heart with happy and worried feels to find out they have a baby on the way and that’s why they left. I’m so relieved they made it to his aunt’s house.

@Viridian6 - Wow! What a delusional plagiarist. This is likely how blind they are to their crimes. At least this one is giving in to truth of the accusation. Hopefully they learn something.

@Sherbert20111 - Loved! I was smiling so big by the time she said, “You look different with your clothes on.”

@TinsleyWarren - I loved the use of both prompts here and how they helped her determine that she was staying. There is so much hope in going from dreading something to taking charge of your own life.

@Pinkcookie - What a desperate situation they are in, and this is only a glimpse of it. This left me wanting to know what is going to happen next!

@CrackedFic - Edward feels so lost, but then there’s the companionship between these two, like a dim light in a dark tunnel, making it bearable.

@SerendipitousMC - This line is amazing: “I felt the loss that you can only know when you didn't try.” At least in the end, she was the one to try. I wonder what would have happened had he picked the other hand.

@jdifrans - This made me so sad. I just want to go back to that last box she’s packing and tell her, “No!”

@adriftinmyhead - Honorable Mention-I feel so much for her, being a mother, going, going, going, but inside, she’s empty.


...


Congratulations, @moonlit__girl!

Thank you to @mylisssa for judging, and to everyone who participated.

See you all next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment