Sunday, August 4, 2013

week 27 winners.

Here are @TinsleyWarren's answers to the judgey questions:



1. What is the best piece of writing advice you’ve been given? 
I was just recently told to remember to write for yourself. I think it's important that you don't force things when you write. I tried that. I tried writing things that I didn't have my heart in, but it felt fake. I think that even if you write something and everyone thinks it's terrible, and you think it's the best thing you could have even written, then you won. Be selfish in writing. Do it for you.

2. The first and last books you fell in love with? 
The first book I fell in love with was Charlotte's Web. I remember pouring myself into the book when I was little and then the ending came. It was one of the first times I felt something from a book. It was an eye opener for sure.

The last one I fell in love with was the Divergent series. I know, a lot of people are in this boat. But I really liked how the book pulled me in and seemed to continually surprise me. I wasn't bored with it and it wasn't as if anything seemed force to me. I don't like how people run with certain genres and try to force everything into the book; romance, action, adventure, everything but the kitchen sink. This seemed to do it naturally.

3. What are you listening to right now?
Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey. Pretty much anything by her right now.

4. There's a rubber stamp mark on your hand. What does it say?
This is my life.

5. Suppose you could travel to any place in time and history. When and where are you going?
1965. I want to go to The Factory with Andy Warhol and meet Edie Sedgwick. She fascinates me. 







@twillly - I loved how meaningful this moment was. It’s such a scary and sad moment, when things are out of your control like that. But I really liked their hold on each other, it was like they had an unbreakable bond, even when miles would be put between them.

@jacndaniel - I thought this was beautiful. I loved the line, “I’m one half of something greater, something bigger than me.” Loved how important that one word was. Such a perfect moment to capture.

@Deebelle1 - I thought this really captured the emotions well. Such a powerful and meaningful moment, and I thought the nerves, the hope, and the connection between these two were great.

@MariuxitaR - The feels! I loved the whole idea of this. I love their connection and the fact that he had that one on his list, aw! I’m glad they got to go through the list together. It was so beautiful and sweet.

@jcat5507 - I thought it was so powerful that everything was happening to her, it was such an emotional day, and that one finger that holds on was making everything okay. It was like her rock and her hope. Beautiful. 

@midnightsun1901 - I thought that this was written in such a fantastic way. Everything flowed perfectly and you really felt for the characters. I felt so sad for her, and then that ending had me smiling!

@lellabeth - That beginning got me. I loved the first line. I loved the imagery and how you captured that feeling of their love. So beautiful! 

@Twilightladies1 - I loved how this started out with his fear and his heart being taken by his girl, and then led to what happened to that high school boy. Aw! Loved it!

@AnnaLund2011 - This was captured so well. Such strength in this character and the writing really sucked you in and made if feel like you were walking right next to them, feeling their pain.

@everydaybella89 - I loved this little glimpse into our favorite couple. I thought this was so meaningful and the fact that they were facing their fear together, when they themselves were so strong, I just loved it. 

@sri_ffn - I loved the end. There was so much in this and it really makes the reader want to know more. Why did he lose her? Why wasn’t she whole? I would love to see more of this!

@hummingbirdFF - This was great. I loved the part where she takes a deep breath and absorbs that smell she tried to stay away from and just focuses on someone else’s needs. It was very meaningful.

@QuinnSkylark - That ending! So cute. I loved that you went for a different time period and we got to see this sweet courting moment. 

@PinkCookie - Loved the movie references! I thought this was such an interesting take on the prompt, showing the other side to their love. It left me wanting to know what was going to happen to these characters!

@sandyquill - I loved how in the beginning you weren’t quite sure what she was afraid of, but you knew whatever it was that he was there for her. Their connection so strong. And then you found out and aw! Beautiful!

@bigblueboat - Oh wow. What a powerful entry. I liked the reflection of what was supposed to be and then how it was brought into the present and what it was going to be like. It was sad, but the the fact that she was returning the favor was so meaningful. 

@Serendipitous MC - I think a lot of people can relate to this! (I think Eleanor would approve by the way!) This was wonderful. It really captured that feeling of having the world on your shoulders and doing that one thing for yourself too. Loved the end. 

@hummingbirdFF - Wow. What a roller coaster. I wasn’t expecting that ending, and neither was my heart! I loved the part where it was envisioned that the two little girls making a pinky promise. This was so heartbreaking, but a great flash!

@sulliedsoles - I loved the strength at the end. The imagery made it seem so real, like you could actually see his reaction to the terrible news. This raised a lot of questions, and I wanted to know what happened and they would deal with their new reality. 

@sulliedsoles - I really liked how they held on for that last second of contact, and you could envision them forcing themselves away from each other until it was just their pinkies. It’s only a summer, aw! I wish we could see how they dealt with their summer away from each other, and their reunion! 

@bigblueboat - I liked how he was new to the school and he decided he was going to step in and help this girl. He knew the reasoning behind everyone not, which was the fear of it happening to them, and he didn’t care. He put a stranger before himself. So sweet!

@GeekChic12FF - What a great moment for these two. I loved how he faced his fear, and flying is a big one, just to get to her. I thought this was so sweet! I loved it!

@ChocoMG2112 - When I started this I thought he meant something else! Wow! I wasn’t expecting that at all! I loved how you painted such a vivid image with this!

@boomboom_jones - I loved how the things on her list came back at the end. It’s always a great feeling to face your fears, and I loved seeing that facing them empowered her. Loved the end!

@LouiseClark75 - I really liked how you see into her dreams and you saw exactly what she wanted, and then when she got out of it, she was going to go for it. Like her fear was motivating and empowering her to just go for it!

@femme_mal - I loved how descriptive this was and how you could feel her being scared, yet excited. This was so cute and it made me want to read more about these two and find out what happened to them!




FIRST PLACE ... @lellabeth

SECOND PLACE ... @Twilightladies1

THIRD PLACE ... @MariuxitaR

HONOURABLE MENTION ... @SerendipitousMC

...


Congratulations @lellabeth!

Thank you to @Tinsley Warren for judging, and to everyone who participated.

See you next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment