Sunday, July 7, 2013

week 23 winners

Hello, my lovelies. My sincerest apologies for the delay on this - my husband's grandfather passed away, and I have also been away for uni and hectic life is hectic. This week should see a return to usual programming. Shell x



Here's @sandyquill's answers to my judgey questions ...


1. What is the best piece of writing advice you’ve been given? 
- Infuse each scene with information from the senses so that the reader is brought entirely into the moment, to experience what you experience.


 2. The first and last books you fell in love with? 
- First: The Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum
- Last: Timeline by Michael Crichton


3. What are you listening to right now?
The air conditioner. Yep.


4. There's a rubber stamp mark on your hand. What does it say?

- ΙΧΘΥΣ  


5. Suppose you could travel to any place in time and history. When and where are you going?
- I'd be reluctant to go, to be honest. History is fraught with misinformation and I wonder if I'd want my illusions destroyed, you know? But if it were laid upon me to go, I'd like to visit Ancient Rome in the early years of Octavian, Emperor Augustus.  OR 1961 AD, Long Beach, California. I'd like to hang out with my folks. :)






Wow. First, thanks to everyone who wrote this week. I know it was the 4th of July in the States and I neglected utterly to make this a patriotic theme but the holiday totally slipped my mind. All I was thinking was "1969" when I went looking for pictures.

Y'all wow'd me. Thank you so much.  

First place was SO HARD to choose. So, so hard.

Really.

But.

I am awarding it to @QuinnSkylark - ODE TO THE '60's.  This was what I was thinking when I picked the images and it's like you read my mind. 
Be afraid. ;-)

You awake before the dawn
A firefight won’t let you sleep
As bullets zip past your ears
When your buddy falls
There is little you can do
And no emotion is found anymore
It has been bled from you
Because war is a leech
Sucking you dry
Perhaps next year you’ll be home
Maybe the next 4th of July you’ll see the fireworks
Instead of the burning of napalm

At the same time
In another world
You dance to the beat of your own drum
Life is so different for you
But nonetheless important
The ideals which you battle for today
Is the change you wish to see
The difference you will be in this place
Your fight is gallant
Your cause is just
Equality and rights
And speaking for those without a voice
Possibly the next Independence Day
Will mean independence for all

Between you both
Your commonplace is this
Rock ‘n’ Roll
Change
Adventure
Life
Ingrained within is the hope for a new world order
A chance for the generations to come
Optimism for something new
Freedom

And we thank you

And Tied for Second are:

@AnnaLund2011:  Made me melancholy. Beautifully done.

@Aleeab4u: Love the context you've given for the black and white picture.

@adriftinmyhead:  This was eerie because if I were writing for this prompt? This would have been a lot like what I probably would have done. Truth.


Special Humor Mention to @ChocoMG2112:  Oooh, Ghosts! Very clever! :)  Did NOT expect that at all.  :)


...


Congratulations @QuinnSkylark.

Thank you to everyone who participated, and to @sandyquill for judging.

See you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment