Friday, March 29, 2013

week 9 winners

The lovely @runtagua answered my random questions ...


1. What is the best piece of writing advice you’ve been given?  
To just write! Just do it. I'm still working on that.

2. The first and last books you fell in love with? 
First book? Maybe Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger (even though that might not be my favorite Salinger story). 

3. What are you listening to right now?
The entire Decemberists catalog, anything Jack White does.  

4. If you could delete one word from the English language, which one would it be? 
I know the common answer here is usually "moist," but I actually think "finger" is a little more weird. Just say that in your head a few times. Finger... Finger... Yeah. See? 

5. Suppose you could travel to any place in time and history. When and where are you going?
Italy during the Renaissance, for all the art and brilliance that was coming out at that time.








FIRST PLACE... @TiramiSue84

I could feel the loneliness in this one, her loss. And I could feel her shrugging it off to the world, closing that tender hurt away so that no one would know any better. "I'm fine." That felt real to me.



The sheets feel cold, the bed too big.

Maybe it's just me, though. When you left, you took more with you than clothes and furniture. Without my consent—like the thief that you are—you stole a huge chunk of myself, as well. So greedy and sly...

It's been months since you went out that door to trade me in for someone else, yet, that missing chunk never grew back. It's not that I don't know how to cope and manage without you – I do. I'm fine.

Most of the time.

It's just... the traces you left on my skin, on the remnants of my heart that remains in my chest, I can't seem to get rid of those. I can't erase them. Or you.

I can still hear your voice, can taste your skin and lips on my own. It's not just memories... it's all still here.

Is it the same for you? Do you think of me when you are with her the way I think of you whenever I'm with him? Even now, sleeping in the same bed, he and I are separated by miles because of you.

As much as I want him to, he can't compare.




SECOND PLACE... @2old4fanfic

I don't know why I love the idea of this forbidden lust the little brother has for his older brother's wife, and the sort of auditory voyeurism going on... I just do. I can hear the bed-thumps and soft-squeals through the walls, too.

You were in white, the first time I saw you.
Back from my year studying abroad, home in time for my big brother’s wedding.
You wore blue, tiny denim cutoffs, back from your honeymoon, your legs lean and tan, showing off the new tattoo on your hip, a sideways 8, the infinity sign. Emmett had the same image inked on his shoulder.
You wore red, at my parent’s house for their anniversary party, the short dress wrapping you like a gift.
You wear nothing in my bed, nothing but a smile after I’ve done everything I’ve dreamed of, filling you with my hungry tongue and cock. I feast on your breasts, your red lips, taste the sweetness between your legs. I hold your head in my hands like a treasure, your chocolate hair flowing through my fingers.
I wake wearing white sheets, twisted through bare legs. My parent’s house is big, but I can still hear the thumps and squeals coming from the room you share with your husband tonight. Doing the things I can only dream of doing with you, night after night, alone in my bed.




THIRD PLACE... @darlingveruca

I like that I think maybe there could be a second chance for these two. It feels like they maybe both want that chance. Who are Del and Matty? I want to know more about them. I want to hear the secrets.

When Del closes her eyes there is a fraction of a moment she thinks she can feel him beside her. It’s warm, warmer than it’d be if he wasn’t. There’s even a little dip in the mattress, and that soapy scent that’s so him is there on the pillow. Imagination is a pretty powerful thing and right now she’d rather not be logical.

Del’s always been this way - growing up with fairies in her garden and animals talking back to her, but that was different. Kid stuff. Right now, though, she’s wishing it were all true.

She lies there, completely still, until the moment is gone.

“I would’ve listened to you tell me about things you don’t think I think are important,” she says around the ache. “I would’ve played with the hair on your chest. I would’ve have kissed your shoulders, your neck and your lips. I would’ve done that thing you like – twice. I’d tell you all my secrets, Matty.”

He’d forgotten a suit way back in the closet when he moved out last week. She wasn’t supposed to be home.

His hands are trembling even in pockets as he leans against the door. “So, start now.” 




CONGRATULATIONS @TiramiSue84!


I look forward to seeing the prompt you choose for next week's #fanficflashfic.

Thank you to @runtagua for judging, and to everyone who participated.


See you all next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment